Today is the 2nd anniversary of Satishmania. I thank all my fans and readers alike for your continuing interest and support. I’ll try my best to keep up to your expectations. Keep your feedbacks and comments coming!
For the past one month I had been unable to open any Google link and my gmail, yahoomail account from my PC, laptop and my PDA connected to the same BSNL network. I was even unable to open the login page of my own site! What used to happen was this. Whenever I opened the google search page it used to get redirected to some hack site with the same address as google! This happened for many other sites like yahoo, gmail etc. I was really getting annoyed as I tried everything to fix this. Kaspersky anti virus detected no virus. I then tried anti-spyware like Spybot and Malwarebytes. Still nothing! I then reinstalled the Windows XP OS on my PC. The problem didnt occur for 2 days but then today it started again! I came to the following conclusion:
- Since it affected the PC, laptop as well as my PDA it was not a system virus or spyware.
- I then tried to connect to another wireless network(non BSNL) from my laptop and was able to login to Gmail without any issues!
- Hence it had to be a BSNL glitch.
- Calling their Support is quite useless as I’ve experienced it in the past.
- So from my laptop I just googled for an hour intending to find any BSNL glitches related to Google links being redirected and voila I found it!
- There is an issue with the default BSNL DNS address 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52!
- I changed it to 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 and suddenly everything started working again!
BSNL users I suggest to you guys to not use their default DNS address. If you have any such problems please do not waste your time on Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware but change the DNS address and see what happens! For further queries you can discuss this in the forum under “BSNL Issues”.